My hair regimen was ever changing when I first became “natural”, but now that I’ve found products and styles that work for me, I’m sticking to some definite rules and regiments for my natural hair.
My hair has grown over an inch since I began my journey in May 2014. But I’m not too surprised. My hair has always thrived when free of chemicals.
Here are the rules and regimens that work for me:
- No or only water soluble silicones
- Only comb hair when wet or damp with water spritz and leave-in conditioner, using a wide-toothed comb
- Only trim when needed (my hair doesn’t tangle so no need to cut)
- Shampoo and condition every 3 weeks (I go to the hair salon). Follow with 2 strand twists.
- I can only wear a twist out for about 3-4 days. I have too much hair, it dries out very quickly and starts…
View original post 120 more words